Final preparations


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » South Lake
January 29th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We havent yet left the confines of perth yet as there were a multitude of final preparations required prior to heading south. After turning my inlaws place into a disaster area today we did the majority of our packing into the car / trailer which seemed to swallow more stuff than I thought by looking at the pile of "required" (?!?) possessions we needed to take. We plan on heading off first thing on Wednesday 31/1/2007 which will primarily be a quick trip for two weeks in and around Boranup forest / Hamelin Bay / Augusta... our original plan of doing a quick trip around the SW was somewhat optimistic so weve decided on the get somewhere down south and remain in and around the area for a number of reasons. I have to do some swimming training for the Rottnest Channel Swim ( which has completely fallen into non existence during the packing and organising of the car / house / trailer) and also to get used to the schooling of the kids so that we can work out what we have to do to achieve the desired result - and ask any questions when we get back into Perth for mid february - before heading on our journey northwards. Hopefully we will also trim some gear and lighten our load a bit. although that will always be an ongoing objective dependent on where we are going and what facilities and or activities there are to do.

The preparations have been a long time in the making but at least we are just about ready to begin.

Russell

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb