Cape Range National Park-Exmouth- Paraburdoo


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

'From coast to outback.'
We departed Yardie Creek, Cape Range and Ningaloo Marine Park on a beautiful sunny morning and drove back to Exmouth where we visited the post office to post our post cards. Supermarket for a top up of supplies, bakery for coffee and rolls. Peter filled up the caravan with water and fuel and we set out for the Pilbara.
Following the Warlu Way. Warlu was an Aboriginal Dreamtime sea serpent who emerged from the sea and travelled through the pulsating heat of Western Australia's North.
Warlu Way extends from Exmouth to Broome revealing the mysteries of Warlu and other Aboriginal legends. Warlu Way extends 2480kms through the Gascoyne, Pilbara and Kimberly Regions. It takes in the Ningaloo Reef, Karijini and Millstream National Parks, the Burrup Peninsula and Cable Beach. We will be following this route.
The Pilbara is known as the 'engine room' of the nation, rich in resources, especially iron ore.
Our first stop was Barradale a wayside area where the drop toilet stank so bad, no one would go.
After this stop we drove through 90kms of road works.
The land now red and dry, only the toughest plant life could be seen.
At Nanutarra Roadhouse, on the very wide Nanutarra Creek, we took a toilet stop and fuel stop.
On through the late afternoon we drove through large red ancient canyons, over large dry creek beds, banked by ghost gums.
As the sun set behind us we watched for cattle and kangaroos on the road.
We passed quiet a few herds of cattle along the roadside with young calves.
As the darkness of night settled in we came to our camp for the night, Paraburdoo.
Collecting the key from Rocklea Accomodation Centre we stopped at the caravan park. The Caravan park was setup to accommodate large numbers of iron ore mine workers. Clean and very functional, Rio Tinto should be congratulated on getting it right. We showered for the first time in 4 days and did clothes washing.
Pasta Dinner and bed.









Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb