Broome to Middle Lagoon


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Driving North to Cape Leveque.
Slow to motivate and pack up, we eventually moved on.
A distance east out of Broome we turned left to Willie Creek Pearl Farm, the tour much too expensive for the family to participate in, we looked around, tried to spy the local crocodile and drove on.
100 km of rough road. Corrugations, rocks and washouts. Tough going with the van.
We had to have a road side stop, to recover from shaking and eat lunch.
Eventually making it back onto the sealed road not far from Beagle Bay.
A short drive into the a aboriginal community of Beagle Bay we viewed the Amazing Sacred Heart Church. Here the alter area and walls are made from shells and mother of pearl. This aboriginal community appeared to conform to White Australia's socially acceptable norms. A School, Church and Bakery/Cafe.
On sealed road to Middle Lagoon turn off we eased back into the drive. However the 33 mm driveway to Middle Lagoon was sandy, corrugated and full of large dips filled with water.
Arriving at Middle Lagoon Camp we negotiated a camp site on the cliff face of the main beach.
We set up next to a couple of really lovely families and a couple who we were to enjoy 3 days of sharing stories whilst our kids played together.
A quick set up and swimming and fishing to be done.
Sun going down. Peter catching 4 fish including a shark.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb