Yerani Well Rest Stop, WA (500km from Perth) 29/09/2016


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Merredin
September 30th 2016
Published: October 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

DSC_1576DSC_1576DSC_1576

Maybe I'll put a set of these on the Mav?
We spent most of Thursday checking out the sights of Kalgoorlie. The nice lass at the Info centre gave us the good oil on things to get up, including the best spot in town to get coffee. Whooooot!

The AM saw us looking through the Hannan North Tourist Mine. It had heap of historical machinery and info, including a gold pouring display (awesome!) and some more recent trucks that the kids (yes, and me) could climb through.

After a quick bite for lunch, a stop at the Super Pit lookout and a trip to Bunnings and Supercheap Auto for supplies and repairs, it was off for the Super Pit tour. What a great ride that was! I always used to think that bus tours were for old farts, but now I'm either converted or I'm an old fart. The driver/guide knew his stuff and we again saw some crazy stuff. The money that goes into these places is ridiculous!

After that we hit the road and ended up getting into a random roadside camp in the dark. It was a bit shit as, predictably at that time of day, we got our first roadkill that wasn't a bug
DSC_1588DSC_1588DSC_1588

Super Pit
or butterfly – an owl. Poor fella. At least it was quick for him :-(

As I write this on Friday morning, the rest of my lazy clan have risen to another cloudless day. Off to Perth in a minute to spend a few nights with Siska and Anthony.

'Camp' has now been set up in Siska's backyard. We were even so spoiled as to have went out to the Little Creatures joint for dinner and then watched a bit of a movie!

Looking forward to the GF tomorrow. BBQ and beers. What could be better?


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb