Leaving Baldivis off to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Mandurah
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

G 'day all,

Just a short blog as I am finally leaving Baldivis, time for a holiday break! lol


Leaving here tomorrow evening to catch the train into Perth (Peggy catching with me), then the bus to the airport for my overnight flight to Cairns, arriving around 4 in the morning!


The last few weeks I have been basically doing same as last blog, working outside or inside the house doing jobs then stopping mid afternoon for a beer in the sun and maybe a dip in the pool!


Fixed the indoor spa which was leaking, well fixed the leak then the pump would not work! So fixed the pump too!
Had to fix Andis repair to the wooden pool fence (he put a screw into irrigation pipe!), we also spent the morning digging out some garden area (some of it in the excavator) and transplanted some other plants there.


Andi and I made three trips to the tip in the ute, to pick up mulch and then spread around the plant borders around the house. Hot smelly, sweaty, dirty job!


Also repaired the large irrigation pipe Andi hit with the excavator!, replaced couple of tiles in the bathroom, added more chemicals to the pool to get the water balance, written a pool manual with pictures, fixed the eight leaky taps throughout the house, fixed the post box, adjusted the front gate, repaired the shed door, the list goes on !


Dont get me wrong though as is really chilled here, great weather, time to chilll and swim, stuff to do at weekends and stuff to keep me busy in the daytime weekdays! But I am ready to move on and have some chill time in Cairns maybe just by the pool! Also am ready to come home, see you have had some snow at home, not sure to what extent in Pompey though?


Tania bought a automatic pool floor cleaner last week and we decided it should have a name! The chosen name came from Andi, Nadene! The sucking machine! We waited several days for her to arrive, got all excited when she arrived but the pipe fittings were crap, got air in the system doh!


Then we went to replace the broken pressure gauge on the filter and it literally fell off,
Another big spider! Another big spider! Another big spider!

Think it is a Wolf or a huntsman
as the metal casing had corroded. Now we had a hole to fill! Managed to machine flat and seal hole with nut bolt washers and silicon, also replaced the filter sand and glue plumbing back together, 2 days without the pool!


Managed to get all back together and get Nadene sucking the floor for my last day here.


Tanias niece, Lana, is now staying here too, so full house! mind you she at work in the daytime.
Saw a bloody big spider crawl across the patio, not sure what it was but not far off the size of my hand, mind you smaller ones normally more poisonous!


Talking of which saw a red back living in the post box i repaired and a large grey one living under the tarpaulin by the pool, think it is a wolf spider or maybe huntsman! Also saw a really small scorpion in the lounge while we were watching a movie ( I was laying on the floor!), think it was a baby rather than a small species.


We all went to see the Harry Potter movie one Friday night, did not think it was as good as the first few HP movies, all a bit sombre now!, we had to drive into Rockingham as the nearest cinema, sure I will go see the last one next year!


We also all went to the nearbye (15,min drive) Warnbro Sounds beach one Saturday. Beautiful beach with just a car park. hardly anybody there, soft surf rolling in up the sandy beach, sunshining, Wolfmother playing in my ears as I walked along the beach for an hour or so! We saw dolphins swimming just in front of us, cool!


On Wednesday there was a bush fire nearbye. We thought about 30km away bit it came within 5km as it passed us by! There was ash falling from the sky for an hour, weird! and we could also see the smoke clowd as it went by.


We are having a sort of early xmas dinner tonight, as Peggy and I both tomorrow (Friday) and also her birthday in a few days. The girls have made a xmas cake and we have some silly reindeer hats, were are having mussels( I am doing!) and some marinaded prawn kebabs on the barby!


Oh by the way the pool photos near the end are where we were trying to take a timed picture of us jumping into the pool!


Gonna be strange moving on again, but for the last time before blighty, which is even stranger!! Last week or so I keep thinking how suddenly it is time to go home, every other time I have thought about it it there has been ages to go and now it is just around the corner!


Larf




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

Me on the beachMe on the beach
Me on the beach

only counted 40 people walking an hour on beach!
Andi jumping inAndi jumping in
Andi jumping in

He has too hold his nose lol!


2nd December 2010

Snow arrived!
Hi Mark, big snow dump last night, site closed. Can't get out so sat by the fire catching up - bliss. Cruising round the Canary Isles last week - what a contrast. Lots of changes at work and lots of people gone - OE team are OK. Enjoy Perth - free busses all round the town. Love Helen x
2nd December 2010

looking forward to havin you over for Christmas mate, not long now. We've had about a foot of snow mate, as usual, whole place grinds to a halt, but half day at work was good. Making me wanna go snow RIDING again!!!!!! See ya soon buddy.
3rd December 2010

grab a beed at the 'Brass Monkey' in perth, great pub with lots of beers. see you soon mucker.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb