Kununurra (Friday 13th June - Sunday 15th June)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
June 15th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were getting to the stage of our trip where we weren't too interested in checking out all of the ‘tourist spots’ but enjoyed relaxing by the pool and trying to do as little as possible. We landed the perfect powered site at the caravan park where are van was right next to the pool fence. The little girls are really enjoying all of the swimming that they are able to do and their confidence and abilities in the pool are improving every day. (Some good off season training for Surf Life Saving!)

Besides stocking up on food, we only went for one outing in Kununurra to the Zebra Rock Gallery. We had heard about this rock from other travellers along the way and were keen to purchase some to manufacture some of our own jewellery. The gallery provided more entertainment than we had expected with fish feeding (hundreds of cat fish vying for a morsel of bread), a playground, and a cafe with mango smoothies and jam and cream scones. Something for everyone really! A couple of hours later we headed home with our bag of rocks ready for some more time pool side.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb