Nev’s Camp, WA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kimberley
July 25th 2019
Published: July 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We slipped down the road toward Mt Barnett to grab fuel, food and beer only to discover THERE WAS NO BLOODY BEER!!! WTF???

We quickly found out that there is nowhere East of Derby that sells take away grog which was a bit of an issue. Therefore we (that night) broke into the emergency stash of beer inside the spare tyre in my trailer - times were getting desperate! Not too mention that I noted the trailer was sitting a bit low on one side and we found that I’d lost a U-bolt on the axle and things were troublesome. In at the MTB roadhouse they said “go see Nev at Over the Hill Tyre and Mechanical. So in the meantime we used some chain and shackles to get us to Nev.

After a quick fill up of $2.10 litre diesel we headed the 30km down the road to Nev’s. Turns out that Nev is a top bloke who had exactly what I needed and was keen for a chat. Nice bloke that lives in the Kimberley 12 months of the year. After a while we headed off to a free camp that Nev directed us to, to fix the trailer while the women and kids went back 15km to Galvan’s Gorge for a swim.

All ended up OK. Phil and I had a chat to a local at the same stop we were in for a while. Funny snoozer with a mouth like a sailor who was spending two nights by himself away from all of his new (soon to be old) workmates. The spot was for ‘locals’ only so we were happy to be there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb