Kalbarri to Denham


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
June 14th 2012
Published: June 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Thu 14 June.

Time to hit the road again. Debbie is still not well. We set off from Kalbarri around 8:30. The weather was ok but still overcast. Today we are heading for Denham, some 375 k's away. On the way we plan to visit Hawks Head and Ross Graham lookout. According to Sandy the gorge looked gorgeous, a play on words or just accidental....we'll never know. Either way the scenery was spectacular even though we were once again dodging the rain!

Back on the road with the next stop is Billabong and time for lunch, at least for Sandy and I. Steve and Debbie decided to have a cup of tea and a biscuit in the caravan then head off whilst we are waiting for lunch to arrive (you'll never guess what we had for lunch Simon). After lunch we head off again towards Denham. Stopping at the Overlander Roadhouse to refuel before heading off the main road towards Shark Bay and Denham. On the way to Denham we stopped to admire the shell beach, one of only two in the world made up of shells over 5m deep. The beach goes on for some 115 k's. We did walk on the beach but nowhere near the full 115k's. Another couple of stops to admire the many bays along the way before pulling into Denham.

As we arrive at the caravan park Debbie and Steve have already set up and are getting ready to head off to the doctors for Debbie. The site we have reminds meodd the shell beach. Not a blade of grass in site but lots of small shells. The pegs certainly need a good whack to get them into the ground. Before I left Isharpened the ends to help penetrate the ground...I'm glad I took the time to do it!

The caravan park overlooks the water and at last there is no rain or wind! Sitting out the front of the tent tapping away on the iPad is very relaxing over a glass of champagne and nibbles.

At the other end of the caravan park I found another Range Rover. The same model as ours in white. It is the first Range Rover I have seen since leaving Perth. It turns out the guy that owns the car is a road train driver. Some interesting stories to tell regarding caravans and drivers who keep changing speed!

As the sun has now set on another day it's time to head off and get dinner readY before planning out our day for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sandy on shell BeachSandy on shell Beach
Sandy on shell Beach

Notice how clear the water is!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb