Northern Safari Cervantes to Kalbarri


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
June 11th 2012
Published: June 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Mon 11th june

Well we survived the night in Cervantes thanks to the holiday home and finished up with a good nights sleep. Steve and Debbie finished up leaving before 8:00am just as Sandy and I were getting out of bed. Breakfast and packing up got us back on the road by 9:30. The weather was a bit calmer but still quite windy. A quick stop in Port Dennison for coffee and a custard pie for me and Sandy had the coffee and a party pie. On the way down to Port Dennison we stuck the only downpour for the day...it lasted all of 30 seconds, but dumped a stack of rain. On the road again we made our way to Geralton for lunch and a refueling stop. We caught up with Debbie and Steve on the 2 way radio as we pulled into Geralton they were leaving. Lunch today was from a noodle in a box type restaurant. Spicy Singapore noodles...very spicy! Back on the road again and we face a choice at Northampton, do we take the coast road or the inland road? Sandy and I picked the inland route and Steve and Debbie took the coast road. For us passing through Kalbarri National Park we spotted a couple of emus on the side of the road. I never trust emus so moved to the other side of the road to give them plenty of space. Long straight roads the greatest concern is speeding, a few times along the road I looked down at the speedo to see I'm sitting in excess of 130k's/hr.

We pulled into Kalbarri around 2:45 and settled into our cabin. Why a cabin? There are more damaging winds forecast for Tuesday night, according to the weather stations potentially worse than what we have just experienced. A great cabin with 2 bedrooms and a large lounge. We have Been for a short walk to find the tourist information centre only to be told that the road to the key sites in Kalbarri National Park is closed due to wet weather, and may not be open during the time we are here. Very disappointing! But we live in hope that it will re-open before we leave.

Back to the cabin for a Pre dinner drink then time to cook up dinner. Spaghetti bolognaise tonight. At least we're not going hungry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb