The Gibb


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Gingin
July 9th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Pete's wipeout 4 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
The GibbThe GibbThe Gibb

Me and Nic chillin in fresh water crock infested waters
Hi people it has been a while I must show you this Video of Pete our lovely friend whos dad's farm we have been living on for the last 3 months. Before this accident he was doing some wicked jumps, but as he said he always stacks it when people are watching. He loves the fact we got it on film! He did however brake his leg in 3 places and hed a plate fitted and pin's. Well working in Gingin has been top, met loads of lovely locals!
We have since been traveling up the coast of WA all the way to the north following the heat. On the way we have been doing as many off road tracks as we can before The Gibb to weed out any probs that the 4x4 will have turns out there was quite a few. First we where 51k down an off road track near Coral bay we turned off on to a sand track parked for the night on the cliff tops with a walk way down to our own private beach beautiful. Nic got lots of fish, we had plenty of food and wine. however when we went to leave we had run out of electricity 3 days later someone came down and gave us a junp start.
When we fixed that in Exmouth the harmonic balancer key way that is conected to the crank shaft sheared off that was expensive! but we lots of fun with travellers on a camp site very drunk most nights and picked up a hitch hiker to Broome, last stop before The Gibb.
On The Gibb frist half top no problems, the road wasn't even as bad as we expected. visited so lovely gorges and swam in fresh water croc infested water for all of 2 mins and just paddled around as we where both still scared fresh or salt they still look frightning. We also took Gin and Tonic coz we didn't have a $1000 fridge like everyone else so after these long treks we would sit at the car getting smashed on G&T's, how English (the gray nomads seem very envious).
Then the second half so right in the middle of butt-fuck! The road started to get bad with loads of river crossing (salt water croc's in the rivers). We had a blow out and when we came to use the compresser to blow up the spair tyre, it seemed to have rettled it's self off with the corrigated road. Luckly some one came along to blow it up for us (thank you that man).
Now I should explain that we got the spair really cheep second hand (it was crap) and no more that 50k's it shredded and no-one came for ages it was also the hotest part of the day.
We hitched with some gray nomads to the nearest camp site, got a new one (expensive), and then the hard bit. Hitched back sorted. After all of that we broke the mount of the front left hand shock. Some bush machanic's just took of the now loose shock and said no charge, your just gonna have to bounce your way to Kunannarra. ha/ha!
We did it in true pom style!!!
I will try and up load Photo's but it's taking so long, I hope the video is enough for now. loves ya!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb