Day 110 - Emma Gorge


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Lenny at Emma Gorge (and waterfall)Lenny at Emma Gorge (and waterfall)Lenny at Emma Gorge (and waterfall)

During the dry season, the waterfall just trickles.
For a number of reasons, we hadn't been able to find the time to visit Emma Gorge (part of the El Questro lease on the Gibb River Road), and because it was so highly regarded, we knew that we would have to fit it in before we left Kununurra.

Luckily, Emma Gorge is at the end of the bitumen and only about 75 kilometres from Kununurra.

We decided to take the bus out to see Emma on one of our final Kununurra days.

Emma Gorge is huge and beautiful (a bit like the Kimberley really) so it was great to be able to see it before we left the Kimberley.

The walk wasn't as long or as tough as some people would have us believe. The swimming hole at the end of the Gorge (and the waterfall) are quite spectacular with the gorge being over 50 metres high. Fig roots dangle 40 metres from near the top of the gorge almost to the water.

We stayed a while having lunch and watching people swim.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Emma Gorge walkEmma Gorge walk
Emma Gorge walk

Walk along the creek
Emma GorgeEmma Gorge
Emma Gorge

The waterfall falls so far it turns in to mist


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb