11 - 13 March 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Geraldton
March 13th 2012
Published: March 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Moora was a tad inland so first thing we decided to head back towards the coast. After driving through Jurien we moved towards Green Head by mid-morning and although there was a slight sea breeze it did not provide much relief with another scorcher on the way. The caravan park looked nice enough but after a few days out in the heat we were drained and exhausted and gave into temptation and booked into an air conditioned room for the night at a nearby tourist complex.

Sunday was essentially spent enjoying cooler climates and doing not much more than watching TV, sleeping and reading; however, it was definitely required to get us back on track. Late afternoon we walked over the road to Dynamite Bay which was a picturesque little spot and enjoyed a dip in the ocean. Life was slowly creeping back into our bodies.

Monday morning we were up early and ready to hit the road to Geraldton. The drive through was almost entirely along the coast which made the uncomfortable conditions a bit easier to bear. The town of Geraldton is similar in size to Bunbury (I think) and there appears to be a lot of investment into the beautiful foreshore area.

We invested in a membership a while back for Top Tourist Parks and decided to book into the chain's local park for two nights. Not the greatest spot we have ever stayed but the pool area was really nice and we enjoyed that for a while after lunch. It was still sizzling late afternoon so we went back down to the foreshore for a dip in the sea. Probably the best swimming spot thus far.

Today (Tuesday) we took a drive along the local scenic route around Geraldton and stopped at a nice picnic spot by the beach for a few hours in the morning. We also took a drive out to a nearby scenic lookout which gave some impressive views heading inland. Decided on a walk around the town after lunch and finally conditions seem to be cooling down!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb