Francois Peron Nat Park to Geraldton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Geraldton
September 10th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cape PeronCape PeronCape Peron

Georgeous place. Sea so blue and so big!
Here we are in an apartment in Geraldton. Luxury.....don't even have to pack up the beds in the morning. However before this we have been to the Francois Peron National Park which is very beautiful up a peninsular with beaches on either side. We drove through to the top...Cape Peron and saw a dolphin in the bay, a dugong and heaps of bird life. The color of the water is amazing. We camped overlooking the beach, a restaurant with the best view so far!!
At the entrance to the park there is an old homestead where you can have a hot tub..and we mean really hot! Water comes up from the ground and flows into a trough for you to sit in.... for a very short while!!
Next was Steep Point, the most Western Point in Aust. It was a long drive through clay pans and sand dunes. Very windy as always at these extreme points. Quick pic. and then turned around and drove back!!
Had an interesting time at a place called Hutt River where we had an audience with Prince Leonard. He started his own Province in the 60's to avoid paying tax. Fascinating. Look him up. He stamped our passports as he has the authority to do so.
Spectacular scenery along coast to Kalbarrie, but windy. Arrived in Geraldton where we viewed the Sydney war memorial. This is an amazing tribute to the sailors and it is a very serene and moving place to see.
Just checking out around here today and will be in Perth by Sunday.
Keep the comments coming as it's great to know peoople are reading this, because the internet can be sooooooo slow and tedious!!!

Advertisement



10th September 2010

so jealours
you guys are having such a great fun while i have to be sitting here cracking all kinds of different shit. so jealours..... hey, keep sharing more photos with us about those beautiful colours which we may never see have fun there !@
10th September 2010

Looks amazing
Can I start my own province to avoid tax? I think Paul Hogan may have tried something like that... I will check it out Hudd River when I get a chance. You really are seeing lots of spectacular remote country.I bet you are looking forward to seeing Steve in Perth. Jayde is very keen to go and visit him in November so we will try to work something out. Love to all and keep us posted. We actually had a few sunny days ourselves this week!! But alas we are back to rain today. Only a week to we are off to QLD to see Lana. We can't wait.
12th September 2010

weather
Hi Krissy. You will be pleased to know that we have a bit of wind and chilly weather. You have the warm weather to look forward to. Jayde save your money. Hopefully Steve will have a lovely spot on the beach where you can stay. Love to you all.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb