Coronation Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Geraldton
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry, photos will be added next time. Not downloaded from camera.

Tuesday 02 October 2007


Happy Birthday Mia!!!


We’ve been at Coronation Beach since last Friday and we are planning on staying until next Monday - it’s way too cheap to pass up this opportunity - at $6 per vehicle per night it’s a bargain. We’ve camped right next door to The Hetherington’s so it’s a bit of a tag team for child minding/feeding/toilet trips etc, you all get the idea.

Coronation Beach is really quite nice, and if it were a bit warmer and a few less flies I would say it’s been a great camp spot. You’ve got to have something to whinge about don’t you? Ruby and Lily are happily doing art and craft while Ed and Ethan have their sleeps. Matt went for his first run on the beach, since leaving Canberra it’s the only exercise he’s done……….me I’m still deciding ha ha.

We’ve had a lovely time, this morning we went for a drive amongst the sand dunes (Matt and Greg were like two little boys with their toys) and the kids had a ball having rides on boogie boards and running up and down the dunes. Then we went to the rock pools and had a look at some puffer fish and then the kids were all tuckered out and the boys went home to sleep!!

We are off into Geraldton tomorrow to do some shopping and to find a caravan park that will let us have a shower and use their washing machines (yes we haven’t showered since last Thursday at Kalbarri, getting quite used to the non-shower thing now BUT we have been swimming still so that kind of makes up for it). There is also a sunshine festival on this weekend so no doubt we’ll all go for a run into ‘town’ and partake in the festivities.

Greg and Britt and Matt and I have decided to give each other a night out in Geraldton for dinner, so Thursday or Friday we will be dining out in style (and away from the kids woo hoo!!!).

So it’s a great set up we have here and that’s why we decided to stay the extra week, soon enough we will be in Perth back to reality earning the $$$$ again to fund the next part of the trip.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb