Day 3 of the "These Sausages Aren't Pork" Tour 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
July 15th 2012
Published: July 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sightseeing Perth

Started in SamsonHit King's ParkScarborough BeachCity BeachFremantle

Sightseeing was the focus of Day 3 and hopefully there will be plenty more to be done based on the success of today! We started off with a drive along the Port of Fremantle taking in the boat yards and cranes along with the quaint town of “Freo” itself.

Next stop was King’s Park. After 3 months in Perth I still hadn’t been to King’s Park, and with Coley now in tow it was the perfect opportunity to see this amazingly place that I had heard so much about from family, friends and colleagues. To be fair, it didn’t disappoint and it was a pity we didn’t have time to spend longer there but what we did see was worth it! Great views of Perth and Swan River were readily available and so we took our photos and took it in!

Scarborough Beach and City Beach were next on the agenda. Two beautiful beaches to the west of the city, they are very different to Bondi Beach which we were used to! Definitely another attraction to Perth and well worth a visit. (In Summer maybe and not on a cold 20 degrees day in winter 😊 )

It was somewhere between Scarborough beach and City beach that Colman had a brainwave for the name of our new car! It had to meet certain criteira such as relivence to our journey and a reference to us (or where we're from as the case may be) so when he suggested " The Seaside Rover", I agreed without hesitation! (Kilbrittain GAA, in particular the minors, are known as Seaside Rovers for those of you for outside this mighty Parish)

Dinner in Outback Jacks in "Freo" followed, where Coley ordered Bangers & Mash only to discover, to his despair that the Bangers in this particular Steak-House are made from beef. Not a happy camper, we retired to Sowden Drive to watch the Munster Final with a couple of cold ones! Happy Days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb