22 January 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
January 22nd 2012
Published: January 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Nice and cool conditions to start the day so we decided to head out for a ride; destination - Swan Valley.

As we drove towards Perth the cloud cover started to clear and it began to warm up but given the early start we were good to go. The Guildford Information Centre provided some very good maps of the Swan Valley region and the staff were extra helpful so we set out on a 16 km bike ride.

The Swan Valley draws parallels with the Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale with many wineries, breweries, distilleries and gourmet food outlets. The first half of the ride was as pleasurable as a ride gets and our stops had us sampling grapes, chilled red wine, gourmet coffee, chocolate and a refreshing pilsner. I think I overdid it on the chocolate but when there are self serve samples on offer you can't not eat it.

The return trip on the bikes was all business as we had to deal with about an 8 km ride with a feisty head wind. A good workout and it dealt with the overindulgence from the first half of the ride.

All in all a good day.

Advertisement



24th January 2012

bikes
I need to see some photos of the bmx bandits in action

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb