Fremantle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
December 17th 2006
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Stayed three nights in a the lovely South Beach Cottage, about a mile from the centre of Fremantle. It is a very nicely laid out old cottagewhich we immediately felt at home in.
On arrival day we just pottered around the markets in town, and got to know the lie of the local land.
On full day one we did a more thorough exploration of the town, bought a a sun hat for Eden (one with serious elasitic so that she knows we are not messing about any more) and then in the afternoon went down to South Beach. Beach very blowy, water very cool, but all OK with that.
Full day two finds us on the ferry to Rottnest Island, where we hire bikes and go for a spin round the island. Very hot day, so the beach stops were limited (no shade), but we did get to pet the quokkas (look it up on Google) .
Returned bikes and got ferry back, and had our own little bbq for supper.
Full day three we went down to the Cappucino strip to hang with the locals after some extensive playground work Eden fell asleep so we went to the pub and caught the end of the Perth test on tv -that was it, the ashes are gone !!!
Later in the afternon we managed to find he pikey beach a couple of miles south of town. Didnt stay long -but long enough to witness one of the most extended necking sessions in history - a couple so firmly locked together that they were oblivious to everything, even the close enquiring inspection of an innocent two year old.
Back home for another intimate bbq.
Lovely.
Final day - packup and away to the Airport.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb