Day 2: Fremantle and Swan Valley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
August 27th 2022
Published: February 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 2: 27Aug2022 (Sat) - Sunny

Rise and shine! We all had a good sleep and finally no more headache! Weather was also amazing!

We had a quick and light breakfast (bread and yoghurt) in the hotel before checking out.

Our first stop: The Roundhouse

The scenery was breathtaking. However, as we were near to the beach, it was very windy, A kept shouting "COLD, COLD, COLD", so we didn't manage to take any nice photos and had to leave quickly.

2nd stop: Playground at the Esplanade

A was thrilled to see the huge playground and didn't want to leave

3rd stop: Fremantle Market

The market was smaller than expected, but the food was good. We ordered duck bao, soup and Dutch pancakes. We also bought a wool hat for A.

Then it was time to get our luggages and car.

We started our journey to Swan Valley, which is about an hour drive. As the Airbnb was pretty hidden, husband took a long time to locate the Airbnb. We took such a long time that A eventually fell asleep in the car. The Airbnb was pretty nice, lots of toys for A to play with and huge kitchen. The only downside was probably the toilet. While waiting for A to wake up, I decided to pump as we planned to drink tonight. Unfortunately, I realised I brought the pump but left the bottles in the steriliser back in SG, so I could only manually expressed out.

After A woke up, we went to Pia's All Abilities playground in Whiteman Park. A was abit apprehensive at first but had so much fun after that. Our favourite was probably the "flying fox". There was also a short pour while we were there, and we had to hid in the playground while waiting for the rain to stop. After that, we decided to explore the park to look for kangaroos. It took some time, but there were really a lot of kangaroos in the park. It was actually pretty scary to see so many kangaroos staring at you.

The last stop for the day was our dinner place at Sandalford Wines. The place was gorgeous! The food was also amazing. We ordered beef and duck pasta for ourselves and Mac and Cheese for A. We also ordered a glass of wine each. Guess what? Husband was light-headed after the glass of wine and was totally knocked out when we reached our accomm..


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb