Tough Times in Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
May 6th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
Great to hear from you Shane & Anna glad you are following our Adventures.
We are still in Exmouth! The weather is not good north or south strong winds and high seas, looks like rain very overcast at present.
We made the most of our day, went to the Novotel Resort for morning tea then went to the marina, had a look at a 44ft Caterman worth $1.5.mil. It had come to Exmouth for repairs it was in 50knot winds about 100ks out. We touched it to see what a $1.5mil boat feels like very smooth.
The rest of the day was spent reading, napping David and Brian tried fishing but that lasted 5 minutes, then we had our sundowner. The weather is not looking good tomorrorw or the days that follow............. we will need to think about coming home soon when the weather improves.

Time to reflect a little about our cruising. Time is everything, as in time to not be in a hurry to go anywhere. It's a bit like caravanning except the travelling part doesn't cost as much as staying put, Coffee and cakes in swish places gets expensive. LOL.

Will have to think about heading south because the Cape is too rough at the moment to try and head back. Though we do have friends on the western side telling us that life is good and they don't mind being stuck near Yardie Creek. Crays, fish white sand and smooth seas what more could we ask for!!!!!!!!

Life is good and the company is excellent so we will have to tough it out, drinking wine, eating good food and generally roughing it. It's a tough life but someone has to do it.

How is our gorgeous Mali going, make sure you draw Nana & Pop a lovely picture on anything you choose with your new textas.
The older kids better draw on paper.

Thanks kids for the wonderful responses to our blogs they are so endearing. Barb & Tony or is it just Barb keep winning the prize for their responses.


Advertisement



9th May 2011

I think that you might have been praying far too hard for the bad weather so that you can stay in the one spot & live the good life longer. Not fair bragging about all the wining & dining while us poor folks are slaving away at work
10th May 2011

Tough times in Exmouth
Hi Roz, Dave here and Exmouth tho quite a nice place the coral coves, snorkelling and generally living in idealic surrounds is a bit different to what we find ourselves doing. Ningaloo reef is just a tad prettier than the concrete canyon we are in. Still much better than being at work. There are boats here and around on the western coast waiting for a break in the weather so we all can carry on with our voyages. One in particular needs quite a bit of work done before she can travel under her own steam. Next blog may have a photo of her (icecube) Seee ya later Dave & Sharon

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb