G'day from Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
November 24th 2007
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Catching up with Carol AnneCatching up with Carol AnneCatching up with Carol Anne

2nd from the left!
Hello,
Sorry for the huge delay in blogs, but i really haven't been up to that much other than relaxing, swimming at the beach, snorkelling etc. And i'm not one for continuously rubbing it in. Ah bugger it, yes i am. Hehe. No all jokes aside, the main reason for this blog is to invite my Mum to the world of internet. She has finally given into the temptation of regular contact with me, and has bought herself a laptop so we can email often! Nice mum.
Anyways, i'm trying to think what we've been doing since i last wrote.
We left Exmouth and went to Kalbarri for 10 days which was beautiful. Another gorgeous little beachside town with a great vibe. Was able to catch up with a couple of buddies i made on the Inca Trail which was cool. We went out for a night of daggy dancing and needless to say i was carving it up on the dancefloor, true mel-style!!! Also while we were there we caught up with Tari and Jo again which was nice. Nice break from 24/7 with Tim, lol!!!! Ah. Then after that we were in Geraldton for a few days to sort out some stuff and then it was on to Coral Bay again where we stayed for 8 nights. Really love that place. So much so that when my Dad, brother & Katie arrive at Xmas we will divide our time between Exmouth and Coral Bay. We pretty much took it easy while we were there although we did go snorkelling with the mantas again, and saw heaps more sharks. We also took the boat out and had some fun with some hungry sharks that were chasing Tim's fish.
I also managed to turn my brain back on, with much concerted effort, after 5 months of dormancy. Reason being i applied for a couple of jobs in Darwin that looked interesting. Not many exciting prospects in WA at present, but i'm still looking. We'll see what happens anyway.
It is sweltering here at the moment, must be around 40 degrees. And the flys are in full force, so this life is not completely devoid of hassle. Thank god for our gazebo, our refuge during the hottest hours of the day. I've attached some photos so you can get a better idea of our day to day lifestyle, ie our home here in Exmouth. My goodness, these bloody gallahs are sooooo loud!
Alrighty well i best be off, need to check out the job situation and go for a dip. Hopefully i'll have something sorted so i can start work in mid-Jan.
Hope you're all well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Shark ResearchersShark Researchers
Shark Researchers

We got to see these guys cut open a sharks stomach and place an electronic transmitter in, cool!!!! One of the many reef sharks in the shallowsof Coral Bay
Shark frenzyShark frenzy
Shark frenzy

One of the many big sharks trying to eat Tim's catch
GallahsGallahs
Gallahs

These have become our surrogate pets, there are hundreds of them in the trees all around us. Also heaps of emus and kangaroos visit us.
Cooling Off after a long walkCooling Off after a long walk
Cooling Off after a long walk

Me trying to shade myself from the midday sun, so hot!!! And get wet at the same time
Cheeky Cheeky
Cheeky

Drinking from the dripping sprinklers!
Our homeOur home
Our home

Isn't it lovely????
Tim cooling downTim cooling down
Tim cooling down

The pool at the homestead where we are staying, our home now


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb