Ravensthorpe – Hmmmm!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Esperance
November 16th 2012
Published: November 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Uphill and down dale we went on the way to Ravensthorpe. Coming into and leaving Ravensthorpe we again saw large mines in the near and far distance. We presumed these were the nickel mines we often hear about in the news.

An interesting caravan park! Messages left at the currently unattended office in the park told us to find a site, set up and come and see them later. Fortunately we were relatively early in the day so managed to find a site that was sort of level. As there wasn’t much to see around the area we left the van hitched to the car for a quick getaway in the morning.

Like the well ‘inked’ park manager, the ablutions block and other buildings had unique character. The office was surrounded by toilet pans, some with plants and others just standing there. Murals adorned the ablution blocks both inside and out. Plants in all sorts of interesting pots were everywhere inside and outside the block. Wind chimes and Balinese sculptures decorated some areas.

Interesting objects were nailed to the trees around the park. The trees closest to our site had thongs.

We can understand why each caravan park wants to make itself unique so that visitors choose it over others. This park didn’t really have any competition but certainly had achieved a unique feel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb