Australia Day around Dunsborough


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Dunsborough
January 26th 2012
Published: January 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone and a happy Australia day to you! We hope you have enjoyed having lamingtons.

We heard that the rained has eased up a bit in Brisbane..the heat here has not! Last time we looked at the temperature it was 40 degrees.

This morning we went to Bunkers Beach which looked like something out a WA tourist brochure. Check out the photo. Not being one to flaunt my middle aged white body on the beach, I retreated to a coffee shop and enjoyed the shade and the beautiful scenery while I read an ebook. Blissful! Peter went for a short swim though.

On the recommendation of Katie, David and Barbara's niece who is staying with us we went to Sugarloaf Rock. From this vantage point we had 180 degree views of Cape Naturaliste. the views were incredible. You can see how beautiful it was in the photo.

We went in search of the bootleg brewery at which Peter tasted seven beers. As I was the skipper (designated driver in Qld parlance) I mooched around taking photos of Peter and the scenery. It was hot, hot, hot! We then went to a huge winery called Vasse Felix which is the oldest winery in the Margaret River, established in 1967. They also had an interesting (?) collection of sculptures in the grounds. I must admit that I looked at them fleetingly as I rused past to get into the shade. We then went to the Fish Pub for lunch. We shared a huge seafood platter for two.

Katie is a doctor doing a short contract in Perth. She is lovely young woman with a knack for making strawberry Daiquiris. I hadn't had this particular delicacy before and could get very used to it. It's a great way to eat fruit :-)

Last night we went down to the beach with Peter's new phone with a sky star map app. brilliant!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb