Perth - Margaret River


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Dunsborough
January 22nd 2012
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello from boiling hot WA where the thermostat seems to be stuck on 37 degrees. This was after an early morning thunderstorm and heaps of rain which was even a surprise to the locals. We went to Fremantle yesterday which was the host port for the Australian America's cup challenge in the 1980's. Imagine walking around in small town where many of the buildings are white sandstone, the light is incredibly bright and intense and the sea is a clear azure colour.

Oh, did I mention the searing heat? It was so hot and intensely bright that I could hardly look at things around me. Eventually we decamped to a pub with wifi, cold beer and wine all of which pleased me greatly. There I had a wonderful PadThai which contained about half a chicken. They are very generous with their portions over here. The heat drove me to find the op shops to buy some cooler clothes. It was only because it was hot.....you believe me don't you? It had nothing to do with the op shops of the world penchant that I have :-) No shoes this time Robyn.

We were very impressed by the transport system in Perth. There are 3 loops that travel round the inner city and it’s free to hop on and off. We also bought a day pass for the train which was $3.70 and that let us go anywhere on th

the network. It’s an excellent system and there has obviously been a lot of infrastructure investment.

We made it to the resort in Dunsborough late Saturday afternoon, after It was still hot! Thank goodness for air conditioning. We’re off to get the paper and see what’s about.

pj and sandy


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb