Such as Life


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
April 17th 2011
Published: April 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post


Our first day at sea Wow! We survived with flying colours.
We are now at Cape Cuvier parked up for the night, let me describe our scene the water is deep aqua with sheer face cliffs, quite a stunning view and to top it off we can see a large ship at the jetty waiting for salt very impressive. (For those of you who don’t know Cape Cuvier is where Dave works)

It has been a great sailing day cloudy which has kept the sun from coming out and made things a little cooler, plenty of wind our speeds have be between 4.5 – 10.5 knots and it has taken us 8 hours to get here. Guess what we haven’t yelled at each other once.
Dave is very pleased with our new main sheet system and the new main sail is working well. The new solar panel frame and shade it creates has made a large difference.

Unfortunately I have been sea sick today so I have spent a lot of time laying down and sleeping I know it will only last a few days I need to gain my sea legs again have not been vomiting but spent my time trying not too. Of cause I’m feeling a little better now we have stopped.

Dave is really happy today he is starting to relax; he has been a little seasick as well. We will have some steak and salad for dinner which sounds nice don’t you think? We are sitting here having a drink while I am writing this.

2nd day adventure
Arrived at Gnaraloo Bay this afternoon, first priority was to have a swim in 3m of clear water with coral as our bottom, anchored in sand, sweet. Will stay here tomorrow night as well waiting for Debbie and Brian to arrive. The coral is blue, also big cabbage shaped way stuff will have to get a photo the vegetarians would love it. Good trip up had to motor sail most of the way. Sharon is not as green as she was yesterday and was awake today as well which was good as I had some company.

Can someone please give me brother Ian’s email so I can add him to the blog and would also like to add cousins Tommy & Denise?

Wind was not kind to us today as we had to motor sail all the way, so much for sail power. We are having salmon patties with salad tonight. Just finished a bottle of champagne& strawberries and pistachio nuts………….How wonderful is life or are we just doing it tough.

Love to you all.

Day three – rest & relaxation day

What can we say we have been in the water swimming three times today, eating and drinking? We are waiting for Debbie and Brian to catch up with us.
I am not seasick today thank god I knew it would only last a few days I should be right from now on. Dave is relaxing more each day and we still have not yelled at each other ha ha……….
Dave wrote:
Snorkelling in this freezing water having to look at coral and watch schools of fish swim past, what is a man to do I ask you. What’s that saying beautiful one day perfect the next and they tell me it gets better further north, telling lies I think.
It’s a dirty job but am willing to sacrifice myself so all of you don’t have to suffer like I am, what a martyr.

We are not on our own here as there have been about 7 boats motor boats all going out fishing so there has been plenty to watch.
We may sail to Coral Bay tomorrow see what Brian and Debbie are doing where they are?
We are having a lovely beef casserole with salad for dinner accompanied by a lovely dry white wine to top of a beautiful day.
See ya.


Advertisement



17th April 2011

Pirate Dudes
Hey guys love the head gear, he he........just feeling very envious sitting here in the bloddy office at work!!! Glad you found your sea legs and stomachs.....................enjoy.
18th April 2011

Thank god our life is easier than yours
Gosh we would find it hard to take even more holidays, such a hard life and reading your blog just confirms it!!! Ha Ha you know we are just waiting for the next 8 weeks to go by so we can go again. Great to hear you are having such a good time. sounds relaxing. We saw Brian and Debbie having a coffee in town on Saturday morning and they said they planned to leave about Monday if that helps!!! Love the photos. T and B

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb