Bungle Bungles and Lake Argyle


Advertisement
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


15-18 May

From Kununurra it is about a 4 hour drive to the outside of the park entrance of the Bungle Bungles. From there it takes about 2 hours to drive on really rough roads to get to the visitors centre. I would def not want to attempt this drive on my own--but if you have a 4WD it would be ok.

The Bungle Bungles were amazing. I assumed that they would be like Ayers Rock where these is just one huge stripped rock in the middle of the desert. But, the bungle bungles are loads and loads of huge rock formations all though out the park. It is really impressive. The first walk we did was the cathedral gorge walk. It was just as it sounds--like a cathedral. The end of the walk was a huge cliff. We saw a few tiny tiny frogs (about an inch wide). After that some of the guys opted to do a helicopter tour which I'm sure would be great. We decided not to do it though as it was pretty pricey. In the afternoon we went one of my favorite places--Echinda Chasm. It was a huge crack in the rock which we could walk through. That evening we went to a lookout for the sunset before cooking dinner and going to bed.

The next day was mostly driving and ended up back in Kununurra. We spend some time at a pool and played a little frisby. Then it was our last and we were to make our way back to Darwin. We had a stop at Lake Argyle which is the largest man-made lake in Australia. It is 19 times larger than the Sydney Harbour. The boat trip was great. We saw a short eared wallabie that was not scared of us at all. Then we saw a load of catfish. If you held out a piece of bread they would spit on you. It was pretty crazy--all of these fish sitting on you! On the trip we also saw a baby crock. Then we went for a swim. There were loads of jumps you could do so it was pretty fun.

After the boat trip we had about a 4 hour drive to Darwin and we checked into our hotel. That night we went out for a pretty big night out with the guys from the tour. Live Bands and dancing so pretty fun. Then We flew off to the UK.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb