Sunset on Cable Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
April 23rd 2012
Published: April 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a day of sorting things out again so we got up early and fired up the laptop to get some bookings sorted for later in the trip. After a couple of hours of admin we caught the shuttle bus into Broom Centre from our hostel to get supplies for the rest of our trip to Darwin. Apparently we won’t come across much civilisation on the next 10 days towards Darwin so we’re fully stocked up on sunscreen (it’s 38 degrees here and only going to get hotter), Mossie repellent (we are being eaten alive without it) and Gatorade powder for the long hikes that we’ll be doing.

Just before we caught the shuttle bus home we passed a Pearl shop, which we had a look in and Jo found a couple of things to replace her first birthday present which had broken.

We then caught the shuttle bus back to the hostel and jumped into the pool to cool off before getting out the laptop and doing some blogging (sorry, you probably received a lot of emails to the blog first thing on Monday!)

In the early evening we headed down to Cable Beach with a bottle of wine and some snacks to enjoy the sunset on the beach. As we were trying to save money we decided to cook dinner ourselves at the hostel tonight and then had an early night watching a movie.

Later in the evening we met our room mates who were a couple from Scotland who are working in Broome on the Pearl Boats – we learnt a lot about how they farm the pearls and the dangers of the job as one of the Pearl Divers from a rival boat had died a couple of weeks ago whilst diving for Pearls. But it seems it’s a dieing business as they are the only company in Australia who are operating profitable at the moment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb