day 28 25.8.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
August 27th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Marg was woken up this morning at 5.45am to Bailey doing his version of the bird dance as she calls it, you can hear his paws going back and forth over the vinyl floor then jumping up on Warwick’s bed. It is his poo dance saying “get up get up” only 1 tree with a tiny bit of dead grass gees what’s a boy suppose to do, hit and run so your paws don’t get wet.

We left our camp about 7.40am and drove to Broome and got there around 8.35am we had to wait for the Visitor’s centre to open so we rang the kids as we just got a phone signal. Warwick went into the visitor’s centre and came back with some good news. We thought that today was going to be a sight seeing day then go in the afternoon but there was room in their “overflow camps” there was about 5 camp sites there and 4 had vacancies so we decided to go to pcyc centre. And just as we were getting near the car a couple with a van stopped beside us. So we started to talk to the guy and he just left the pcyc where he stayed.

After talking to him we decided to go there and it costs $25/night for power but no air con as on 10amp sites no site water just fill your tanks and they take dogs how lucky was that as there is no parks in Broome that takes pets. Go a shady spot under the trees so air was not needed as there was a breeze. Apparently if we came last week we would not been able to get in as extremely busy.

After setting up we introduced ourselves to the couple next door peter and barb from South Australia. That morning we ran out of water so Marg went to the shops as Warwick filled the water tanks and looked after the dogs.

Around 4pm Peter and Barb came over for happy hour and we were joined by the couple next to them as they arrived late that afternoon. They were Allan and Trisha for Newcastle but originally from Camden so we all swapped stories and had a wonderful afternoon chatting. One of the stories that Trisha told us was of an older couple travelling with a corgi that weigh approx 17 kg which is Bailey weight. They had stopped on the side of the road to let the dog out for a run when an eagle scoped down and picked up the dog and started to carry it away, but when it got to about 10 mts up the dog was too heavy and the eagle dropped it and splat no more dog.

Every where we go we keep an eye out for snakes, went into Broome to but Chinese for dinner and the cops had a side road ½ blocked off as there was a snake about 6 ft long in the middle of the road.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb