Outback Spirit Tour - Horizontal Falls and Cable Beach Resort


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
August 12th 2017
Published: June 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

DAYS FOURTEEN AND FIFTEEN

This morning we had a pickup for a tour of the town of Broome where we had started our tour. After looking at the dinosaur footprint site and other landmarks we were dropped in town. We wandered around and then had a coffee before we departed for our tour of Horizontal Falls.

We were dropped at the airport for our flight on a seaplane. The flight takes 50 minutes over the Dampier Peninsula and King Sound. We land on the calm waters of Talbot Bay. When we boarded the boat we had a lunch of BBQ barramundi and salads. Then it was time for our boat tour through the falls . It was fast and bumpy and exhilarating.The falls are created by the 2nd largest tides in the world and create a horizontal waterfall effect.It was fabulous but unfortunately we didn't get to see the low level as the tide was flowing too fast.

Our last night was a tour group dinner at Cable Beach Resort before we flew out the following day.

We were able to use the washing machines in the resort and catch up before heading to the plane. Kevin and I flew to Perth and then eventually drove to Albany for his army reunion.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb