4 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
February 4th 2012
Published: February 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A wet and wild start to the day after the blowy night continued into the early morning with a few showers and the sun all but hidden behind some ominous looking black clouds.

We thought we would press ahead with our plans despite the unseasonly weather and ride along a coastal bike trail into the heart of Albany. Pleasure and pain involved with this route as it was uphill and downdale; however, the beautiful coastline made it all worthwhile.

There were many spots to stop along the way to take some more photos and as we headed up and around Middleton Beach there were some terrific views out towards sea. We encountered more native lizards along the trail and they seemed to be in numbers at every turn.

Albany itself is a lovely spot blending the old with the new. Many historic buildings and features still exist from yesteryear giving it character but it has also progressed with the times and hosts many modern cafes and restaurants and an entertainment centre with similarities in design and structure to the Sydney Opera House.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.3kb