1 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
February 1st 2012
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After organising a national parks pass on our way out we headed about 40 km out of Esperance to Cape Le Grand National Park. The weather was fine and sunny for the first time on our stay in this neck of the woods and it certainly added to the ambience of the Park.

First stop was Lucky Bay and the views along the pristine coastline were simply magnificent. We decided on a hike to nearby Thistle Cove which took us over granite rocks and we zigged and zagged along makeshift paths. There was almost a photo opportunity at every turn including a few we managed to get of some rather large yet passive lizards who seemed more unfazed of us than we were of them.

It was about a 90 minute round trip back to Lucky Bay and despite the warm sun the breeze was up and about so a bit cool for a swim. Still we took the opportunity to take a stroll along the beach which was world class. The pearly white sands complemented the crystal clear sea which deepened in shades of blue the further out to the horizon it stretched.

If this is commonplace in Western Australian national parks then more will definitely work their way into our itinerary.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 998.9kb