Thialand Adventure Begins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Yarram
September 21st 2015
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -38.5674, 146.673

Packed and were picked up at 10.15 for our flight to Chaing Mai, peak hour is all the time here but we had a good run, taking 20 minutes and our flight is at 1.10pm. The Airport here is three to four times the size of Melbourne bloody huge. In the airport and walking through the boarding area with half an hour to go I finally saw Swatches which have no metal I can wear so bought one for 3400 bht, $132.55 really nice. Mick waiting said we have 10 minutes to board so left and nearly missed the plane the boarding area was far in the distance, we only just made it.

29th September, Full Day Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle Tour
We left at 7am for Chiang Mai by road 200 kms away. After one hour we stopped at Hot Speings for iced coffee and to soak our feet in the Hat Spa 40c it felt really good. Then back on the bus heading up the Mounrain to the White Temple 1 1/1 hours further on. We passed through areas of Strawberry, Corn and Rice Paddy Fields, Pineapple and Banana trees beautiful areas. We arrived at The White Temple everything done has a meaning so just before climbing the steps to heaven the hands from Hell trying to get out are stopped by the guards. The Temple is made from plaster and glass, they have a Team of painters have done amazing work inside the Temple which was more modern then other Temples the paintings told the story of birth to death very clever, because if they go to Heaven the believe they are recreated into a better life. They then had the wishing tree we wrote in a silver card Health, Happiness and Love, hung it and the Tree is built up with all these pieces. Worth the visit, but we are Templed out now. Travelling now to the long neck Hill Tribe in the Mountaina. Religion is Ghost and God most are Christian because they give them education. Crops are Tea, Coffee, Kuwi fruit and opium.
We passed through Mae Chi which was built by the King Chi 750 years ago, population 900,000. Jill Tribe Long Neck K

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb