And We Are Doing It


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Yarram
September 9th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cape ConranCape ConranCape Conran

We made it now lets enjoy
Geo: -38.5624, 146.676

Left at 9.30am today after Mick finished his bus run. Heading for Marlo where the Snowy river meets the ocean.

Stopped in Bairnsdale for lunch and stopped in Lakes Entrance for fresh prawns 2kg and also gummy shark fillet.

Good trip uneventful and arrived at Marlo 2pm set up and then went to Cape Conran to eat our prawns and have a drink to celebrate getting away.

The area is beautiful with a seal colony and various wild life, usually quite, but today a year 9 school camp of 20 children, and four other couples relaxing and walking around the area.

Beware Reef, just out from Cape Conran has claimed three steam ships since 1817. Beware Reef is also one of Victoria's most popular scuba diving spots with a variety of marine animals to see.
At 9pm we realised we had not put the legs down on the caravan, could have been interesting!!!

This is the first time I have done a blog with photo's and it has taken until now to work out how to do it, so that is why I am a day late in sending it. Also have not used my camera for a long time and
Cape ConranCape ConranCape Conran

Tranquility,
I have not worked out how to change the date. Love to all






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

MarloMarlo
Marlo

The Snowy Estuary
All goneAll gone
All gone

Time for a Nanny and Poppy nap


10th September 2013

If you really are doing it like your title says, it really is better to have the legs down, stops the van from a-rockin'.
10th September 2013

Mick...............where's the picture of the pier/jetty !
10th September 2013

Another Travel blog !! My feet are getting itchy !!! Look forward to the next exciting chapter !!
10th September 2013

Hi Webby, Mick worked with Coedy for years at the Yarram Primary, we have taken your advice on board, checked to see if he was home today but as usual is off probably fishing.
10th September 2013

Hi Mick and Marie, Matt Coedy is a good mate of a mate of mine from Paynesville ( sounds like a comedy routine) and I did hear that Mick worked with Coedy senior - I heard a whisper Matt is studying Geology at Uni - and running the pub !!
Too much like hard work for this little black duck!! Enjoy your trip - look forward to your blog !Cheers, Matt & Albie
10th September 2013

I've always called Matt a pumped up little pr.ck. try that and he will know where it comes from.
10th September 2013

Great pics guys! Dad obviously loves having his photo taken lol
10th September 2013

If my memory serves me well, this photo looks like it was taken from the Pub !! Watch out for Codie and co. !!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb