Swan Hill


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Swan Hill
September 25th 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

SWAN HILL 25th Sept 2011

The kids and I had a good nights sleep but Rach wasn't as fotunate! We kind of back onto a farm which has a few cows. It seems that on this Saturday night in Swan Hill, all the cows gather and chuck a party right behind the caravan park! Guess what their favorite word is? "MOO!" and I think the bull had a good time too!
'Here is you coffee Rach! I made it extra strong to get you 'moooooving' this morning'
The park is really well set out for the kids - sealed roads so the kids can scooter or ride bikes with ease, big jumping pillow (seems to be standard at most parks now), basketball ring thing, playground, solar heated pool ('too cold today Charlotte'😉, tennis court, sand/beach volleyball court and a fantastic bmx track. They even hire out peddle buggies which did not escape the kids eyes. So after breaky the three of them set off to the park office with a fist full of dollars and hire out three buggies. 'ahh peace and quiet Rach for an hour while the kids are off on their buggies' 'WHAT! AN HOUR UP ALREADY?' What to do next?
We decided to head out for a counter lunch in Swan Hill, and after driving around town for a while we saw nothing that took our fancy, so we went across the river to Murray Downs Golf Club for lunch.
Signing in at the front desk the lady told us about the kids room. 'SOLD' Kids booked in! 'BYE KIDS'. Order lunch and have a quiet brew looking out over the 1st tee and 18th green deciding on which day I will come back and get my name on the honor board with the new course record.
Burger for me, corned beef for Rach and the kids load up on deep fried 'stuff' which they make look better on top of chips. All in all, it was a pleasant Sunday arvo.
On the way back to camp we stopped off at the local Safeway to get some supplies for dinners etc.
Get back to camp where Charlotte insists on going for a swim. Outside air temp is pushing about 18 degrees, but none of our 'common sense' seems to be getting through to her. Rach takes her to the pool where Charlotte puts her big toe in and decides thats enough swimming for today! The boys are happy bouncing, running, flipping and chasing on the jumping pillow. Charlotte, aka 'Dawn Fraser' soon joins them.
Charlotte returns to the van and helps out Rach by making a salad for tea as I go off to the parks BBQ and cook chicken kebabs.
Early night is had by all as we gear up for a warmer day tomorrow at the Pioneer Settlement.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Rach at Murray Downs Golf ClubRach at Murray Downs Golf Club
Rach at Murray Downs Golf Club

Harry taking photos off our relaxing arvo at MDGC
Chris at Murray Downs Golf ClubChris at Murray Downs Golf Club
Chris at Murray Downs Golf Club

Harry taking photos off our relaxing arvo at MDGC


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb