Day 38


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Swan Hill
March 16th 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had no rush to start, so a relaxed breakfast and then head to the Pioneer town to check out how it all came together.
For a one price ticket we could come and go for 2 days as well as have a Paddle Wheel boat ride on the Murry River and return at 8:30pm for the sound and light show.
So we took advantage of this deal and headed in to wander around.

They have an amazing collection of early farm equipment and vehicles, including some old vintage cars. One car a Dodge, being driven around and free rides for anyone interested. Of course we had to take advantage of this and took a turn around the town.
Certainly a “boys Toys” place to gaze and wonder, at all the Old Gear. A machine or two that maybe Terry could make use of in the Gold Mine.
Some innovative machinery that shows the skills and ideas that were born out of need, and no support nearby.
The whole town is an amazing collection of original buildings and machinery in various states of restoration.
It was certainly well worth the time and price.

We headed home to have lunch and relax before heading back for the Paddle wheel boat ride.
We managed to get back in time and boarded the paddle boat that took an hour trip on the Murray up stream with a narration along the way. The river is still running pretty high and the marks of the flood line are very evident, but this was not stopping our mode of transport.
After disembarking from the boat we took another stroll around the village to finish what we had missed earlier, then home for dinner and back for the light show at 8:30pm.

A little cooler to head out and the mossies didn’t mind the fresh blood venturing out, the trip around the village at night and stops at various buildings tripped lights and a description of the place and lives at the time as the area was settled.
A real interesting day as again we settled in at night to consider the decision of “Where Next”


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb