escape


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Shepparton
May 1st 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today I' m trying to make business cards ...as per Ades request. I've discovered we dont have Pubisher on our computer so I'll have to visit Kim. It was not a success but we will pay some one to do them..
We have finally left for our trip. So far all is good. Ade is happy with the way the van tows. Me I'm
just happy.The first night we stayed at a very small town called Murrayville what a surprise. Turn off the main street and there is a cute little park ( and I mean little ) CLEAN &GREEN . But only $9.90 per night. Gee werent we excieted we had tea at the pub. And the band for the night was The Bee Gees boy was I happy... But they didn't start till 9.30... OPPS past our bed time. But the best was to come. Of course we were the first in for tea .. you know excietment plus our first night etc. The band were practising we had our private show Gee they were enjoyable.Off we go next day reached Loxton Stayed at c/park on river. All very nice. Off to Waikerie then Morgan and stopping over night at Blanchetown. Again on river. No fish ..
Slow drive to Burra. Another history lesson. Mines = copper & ore. Very interesting, the old timers
were incredible and achieved so much. Most of this remains in good condition.Stayed in C/Park..
The land scape is dry and looks ordinary.
Lets go to the sea said Ade. Off we go to Port Wakefield to enjoy lying on the beach and fish.
NO beach just a jetty that fills when tides in... SO off to Main Beach .Sounds good. Woooo
what a dive shantys c/park Mad Max must have lived there. Ended up at Gawler much better.
I must say if you love wine you could travel around and around S.A. And never have to buy a
drink or leave the state.
Off to stay in Adelaide and visit with my sister Maureen & neice Ally. We arrived very early, and put Maureen under pressure. To meet us..all worked out well. The c/park is on the beach.LOVELY.
Since we arrived we have been keeped very busy. Beach walks ,Harbour town,.Boat trip with the dolphins,. Casino ,pub for tea. Mt Lofty in the rain. It was amazing. There was a huge black heavy
cloud and we could touch it.Then it was wind & rain on us unbelivable.We sat & waited for it to
clear but that was not to happen.Scary driving down the mountain. That night a 7 car accident. The old jail,Glenelg,Hahndorf,museums , a number of jettys ,city etc .. etc.. We are a little touristed out.
Maureen & Ally have been wonderful taking & driving us everywhere. Lots of great fun.. All happy,lots of bonding ..poor Ade.... two of us at the same time..HAHA we loved it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb