The great ocean road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Fairy
January 18th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -38.3855, 142.237

The big drive.Breakfast is followed by taxi drive into SADelaide (our new nickname for the city that never wakes) CBD to pick up our Hyundai iMax and it's ready to go. Everyone has there own sat Nav on but Chris advises I turn left which turns out to be a one way street in which I have a near miss with a bollard.Turn around and we're back on track. First stop is Murray bridge to get some supplies of water, chocolates, ice creams, crisps and soft drinks. All the necessary road trip fodder. Murray bridge has the first bridge to span the Murray.Other stops are relatively short toilets stops, one which meant a nearby bush as Chris and I experienced a sizeable rat grinning at us. The others thought it would be funny to move the car but as we left the toilets rather speedily, we caught Josh running across very hot melting road tar bare footed. Such fun.The scenery is pretty dry until we reach the wine regions which are huge to say the least. Wynn's, Penfolds and more. Unfortunately no time for tastings.Naracorte in SA was a 15 minutes break for tea, coffee or beer and a time for a change in the crew. Josh and I have relegated our most important roles to the ladies and as expected they've taken over from us gym junkies who must now keep quiet for the next part of the drive to Mt Gambia before heading to Victoria. Fauna seen today included, cows, sheep, magpies, horses, emu, Roos and various species of indistinguishable roadkill which made Josh hungry at times. "No Josh, we can't stop. I'm doing 117 km per hour right now"Should make our final destination in Port Fairy sometime early evening,. We'll see!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb