8 December 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Fairy
December 8th 2012
Published: December 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A warm start to today as the hot weather from Adelaide made its way east. After hitting the road we stopped at more attractions along the Great Ocean Road including The Arch, The London Bridge and The Grotto. All were equally impressive and the chances to see these wonders of nature just add to the experience of driving along this stretch of coast.

Around lunch we landed in Warrnambool and after picking up some supplies headed around to the Foreshore Trust Grounds and enjoyed a picnic style lunch by the lake. The warm conditions had brought the punters out and everyone was enjoying the summer weather. After eating we took a walk along the beach and hit the road.

We were going to put some kilometres under our belt but only got as far as Port Fairy. The vibe told us to stay and we were right to trust our instincts. This gem of a coastal town has a great range of shops and eateries and in the afternoon we took a walk to see what was about. Rachel was impressed with the variety of bookstores and the local lolly shop did the job for me. Another day in town may be on the cards but we'll wait and see.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb