The Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Peterborough
November 10th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Great Ocean Road


I FOUND A BEACH!



We went on a little road trip this weekend and camped for one night along the Great Ocean Road. The name is pretty self explanatory but it's exactly what you'd expect... a long road right next to the sea. The views were amazing all the way to were we stopped to camp and we stopped about every half an hour to check out each town or view that we passed.

We passed through Bells beach which is part of the International Surf tour, Apollo bay, Some cool little towns called port campbell and peterborough and also enjoyed the 'twelve apostles'. I'd never heard of them before but they were definitely worth visiting. You can check them out in the pictures but they are massive stacks which are created by erosion of the cliffs. There's also one named after london bridge.

Camping in Peterborough was interesting, like a proper backpacker we borrowed a tent which we were assured was big enough for 4 people but when we unpcacked it, it was tiny! me and jonny spent a very uncomfortable and cold night in there but paul and anj had to sleep in the car (which was probably the more comfortable option in the end!)

This is by far my highlight of my first week in Australia and it was really beautiful and a great trip to do with the guys. If i could do it again I would probably do it over 4 or 5 days to stop off longer in each of the little towns on the way but it was still a great weekend trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The twelve apostlesThe twelve apostles
The twelve apostles

There's not 12 of them as some of them have fallen in to the sea over the years!
Sunrise in Peterborough 6amSunrise in Peterborough 6am
Sunrise in Peterborough 6am

It was too cold and uncomfortable to sleep so I went for a walk!


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb