Trentham Cliffs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mildura
October 23rd 2015
Published: October 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Trentham Cliffs is a little place near Mildura on the NSW side of the Murray River. This has become a favourite place for us to stop as there is a caravan park within walking distance of the Trentham winery and restaurant. The food here is divine and with our love of food we just have to visit.



On the afternoon of our arrival we decided to go bush walking in the King’s Billabong national park. After all those hours driving we wanted to stretch our legs. The quaintly named Duck Foot Lagoon walk is 6.6km round trip so that was perfect.



The wind made King’s Billabong too rough for birds but the smaller sheltered waterways were active. Duck’s Foot Lagoon must be one of the nicest wet-lands we have ever seen. The photos tell the story better than words.



After the walk we explored one of the parks tracks and discovered many free camping sites, some facing the Murray River and some facing onto back-waters. We will definitely have to come back here on another trip!



Whenever we travel through this area we find a way to fit in a visit to the Trentham winery and restaurant. This time the Trentham Restaurant lived up to its reputation and we were treated with a fantastic meal. When combined with excellent staff and a stunning setting this remains one of our favourite places to dine.

Our trip is now coming to an end. Tomorrow we will drive to the Barossa where our caravan is based at Greg’s Mum’s place. We have enjoyed our travels but it will also be nice to get back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb