Monday 3rd November


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 1st 2014
Published: December 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was a bit of a chill out day and domestic duties, yes even travelling I have to do washing and shopping lol. I also booked a couple of trips, one down the great coast road and one to Philip island to see the penguins. After all that was done in headed into the city centre stopping off at the tourist info centre to see what there was to do in Melbourne and also to find out about the hop on hop off tourist bus.



From there I walked to the library where there was a free tour starting at 2.30pm similar to the one I did in Sydney. It was a very warm day and the streets were very busy with tourists and locals.



In our tour group we had about 30 people and our guide for the day was Matt. We started off at the library and visited various landmarks around the city including the old gaol where Ned Kelly was hanged, parks, fountains, old buildings and statutes listening to the history of Melbourne as weren't. We stopped for a 10 minute break to grab a snack and a drink and use the loo before continuing the wLk. It was odd to see Christmas decorations up as it was so warm but December isn't that faraway! All very lol.



After the tour I headed back to the hostel to get some food and just chill out and I was joined by 2 new roomies - 2 girls from Ireland who had worked at an out source call centre Eon used in Bangor - they do say it's a small world lol.



Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb