Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 21st 2014
Published: February 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ate out at The Mallow last night in Ballarat last night. Helen's son, Doug, works there. Very enjoyable meal in a bistro/bar setting.

Repacked our bags this morning and set off for Melbourne. Rae fancied going to the Neighbours set........at the other side of Melbourne.........being a good husband, I dutifully girded my loins and fought our way through the heavy traffic. To be fair, Rae navigated well and we went straight there, to be confronted by (friendly) security guard who is there to protect the normal residents when filming isn't happening.

The route back to the city was slightly more fraught and we overshot our hotel, but recovered pretty well and got parked out front to unload and book in before taking the car back. We are on the 19th floor with great views over the city but our hotel, Crown Promenade, is dwarfed by other buildings around it, like the other Crown hotel with the casino in it. A couple of pics attached - one reminds me of the Willis roof garden in Ipswich. Oh, how I miss work!?!

On the way back from the car hire place, we caught a tram back to the hotel. Went for a wander late pm before going to leisure facility in the hotel - I did the steam room, sauna and swim (in the infinity pool) while Rae went to the gym and swam.

After eating in,we went down to the casino with the intention of spending a whole 20 dollars but spent only 5 as we got fed up - there aren't even any leavers to pull these days......and you haven't got a clue if you've won or not!

Up early tomorrow for a city coach tour, followed by a river cruise.

Over and out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb