'Melbourne' with the faded memory


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
August 24th 2013
Published: August 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

'Melbourne' with the faded memory

Grounded in the land of Kangaroo on the eve of 24-Aug-2011 with a cautiousness of getting the luggage thoroughly checked in the custom counters especially the shoes. Chilling eve with breeze flowing directly from Antarctic and searching for us on the exit gate of airport. We took a taxi and moved in the nearby hotel ‘Mantra’. After settling there, time was for the first somersault – oh oh – means a time for a stroll in Melbourne. In night – it was just a bouncer of a wow factor only. Seagull was the first one to be captured on the camera.

Some of the places we explored during our stay in Melbourne

Count start with the first exploration of ‘The Great Ocean Road’ (GOR) – GOR was built as a living memorial to the Victorians who served in the First World War (1914 – 18). It was completed in 1932 and spectacularly opened the coastal areas to tourism and development.

Although a coastal road as conceptualised for decades it was not until 1918 that a route was pegged and the Great Ocean Road Trust established. Funding was raised from The Returned Services Leagues and local communities, as the State Government was reluctant.

Few snaps on the way to GOR:



The day was a splendid. Driving through the GOR was giving a feeling of movie ‘Zindagi na Mila Dobara’ (Indian Movie), lolzz. A gentle touch of a cool breeze on our face, a slight howl from the wind, a refreshing smell in the air and the rotating wheel – touches you eternally.

The next to be explored was ‘Phillip Island’ - Phillip Island is an island located about 140 km south-southeast from Melbourne in Bass Strait. This place is famous for penguin, good surfing conditions and for a Grand Prix circuit.

Unfortunately we couldn’t able to see the penguin as the penguin parade occurs in night time.

Grand Prix Circuit of Melbourne

Yarra Valley – A place to see kangaroo in nature

Yarra Vally name is given after Yarra River. This place is famous for wine growing industry.

Ballarat:

Gold rush has transformed Ballarat from a small sheep station to a major settlement. Ballarat is the third most populous urban area in the state. Gold was discovered at Poverty Point in August 1851.

Another famous incident of Ballart was Eureka Rebellion - It is the only armed rebellion in Australian history. This revolt was a organised revolt of gold miners of Ballarat against the colonial authority of the United Kingdom.

Past 39 days, the life was on the edge of thinking of delivering work related activities and exploring Melbourne a big city with unknown people, jungle of automobiles and enormous buildings, appeared to be known and small place. This was the “Melbourne - with the faded memory”.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb