The Boyz in Melly!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 31st 2006
Published: May 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The boyz, (Chris, Tim, Joseph and Danny), arrived on Wednesday, flying down from Sydney to sample a bit of Melbourne....and to see me of course! We had a lovely day, wandering around the city, and luckily the sun had come out, so everyone was in good spirits. That night we explored Commercial Road, paying a visit to Exchange and the Market, which was a good laugh, althought the Melly queens dont seem to like partying on week nights, so it was rather quiet, but after the odd tipple, we livened the place up with a DIY pole-dancing session, making complete tits out of ourselves on the stage.

Thursday night we checked out Q&A (Queer and Alternative), which turned out to be a wicked club, really mixed, good venue, playing some classic old school and modern Indie - I definitely reccomend it! After a hard night's dancing, we headed back down Fitzroy street in search of a kebab, to polish off the night. We found this really good place, where the guy loaded up our three kebabs with a huge amount of chicken, which he'd enthusiastically mashed up, and packed in the salad and chilly sauce - it looked fantastic and our mouths were watering as we sat down to munch.

It took about three bites to realise that something wasn't quite right.

In fact, there was definitely something fishy going on....Tuna-fishy to be precise...the kebab was blatently totally lacking in chicken content, and rather over-stuffed with TUNA! We'd watched the cheeky bugger behing the counter as he made them, and realised that he hadn't shaved the 'chicken' off the huge real chicken kebab stick, but instead just grabbed it from the tray at the bottom, where he previously must have emptied a can of tuna. Grim. I couldn't finish it, although Danny did -

silly bitch

. I even shouted to the people queuing up not to order the chicken, cause it was tuna, but they still did and regretted it later. Oh well, lesson learnt.

Tomorrow, if we havn't died from food poisoning, we're going to pickup a car and drive out to see the 12 Apostles, down Great Ocean Road, can't wait - it'll be great to get on the road again, and we've hired a huge tank for the job!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb