Last few days in Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 8th 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days in Australia were spent mainly catching up with people and dodging the huge hail storm that caused massive damage in Melbourne. On Friday we lunched with my friend Elaine (from Disney) and her son Lucas in the city, before doing some shopping (Bella’s birthday presents) and the last bit of sightseeing.

The next day Jonathan and Helen took us to Sorrento where we were intending to catch the ferry across the mouth of the river to Queenscliff. It started out as a beautiful day and we let the kids play in the playground and watched a wedding take place outside. Gradually though the clouds came in, and once we were on the boat it really started to rain. We got out at Queenscliff, thought about racing through the wet to get to a nearby cafe, then decided that maybe the best thing to do would be just to get back on the boat heading back to Sorrento which we did! It was when we arrived back in the city that evening that we heard about the hail and the torrents in the city centre.

We also lunched with Kath and Tali, visited Kath and Geoff, were visited by Vanessa and her son Aiogh, and went to the Sunday School picnic where Charlie joined in the “dress up in a mac and wellies” race and had a great time despite his trousers falling down near the end! Ultimately though, it was time to say goodbye to our friends in Melbourne, and to Australia and catch the plane for the next leg of our adventure - New Zealand!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb