LIFE WITH THE WEBSTERS


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 5th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

WILDLIFE AT THE WEBSTERSWILDLIFE AT THE WEBSTERSWILDLIFE AT THE WEBSTERS

Rosellas feeding.
Hello everybody,

Well here we are in predominantly sunny Melbourne. Other than very heavy rain on our first day the weather has been very obliging, as have our hosts Tracy, Richard, Ellie and Georgia Webster.

Some of you may remember them from Poole - that mad family that took a huge risk sold up lock, stock and barrel and moved to Australia. And I am sure when you see the photos you'll agree the risk paid off. Needless to say they have not changed one bit other than the girls growing and becoming quite the young ladies!! and they have made me and Ken very welcome even though they have never met him before and let their lovely home open to us.
It has been the height of luxury to have a decent bed, bathroom facilities and a lovely kitchen to cook in. Did not realise how much we missed cooking Sunday Roast. The other thing is seeng the amount of wildlife that comes near to the house morning and evening, both the varied feathered variety and four legged (or more)with one very big strong tail!! No Koalas yet.

Even though Tracy and Richard are 45 mins from
WILDLIFE AT THE WEBSTERSWILDLIFE AT THE WEBSTERSWILDLIFE AT THE WEBSTERS

Three cockatoos or two cockathrees!
the city we have still managed to see some of the surrounding sights, as well as a lot of chilling out, including Hanging Rock (anyone seen the film Picnic at Hanging Rock?) well we climbed it; three of us went there when Richard, kindly took us on his day off. We have been to Yarra Valley for some wine tasting; the four adults went on that while the girls were in school. THe two of us also took a drive out to a place called Sovereign Hill an old goldmining town and visited the local town Ballarat which was very nice.

We have had a night out in Melbourne with Tracy and Richard whre we had a very nice Italian meal. We are going in to Melbourne this week and staying overnight to get a feel of the place and see what is going on before the influx of the Commonwealth Games. (Colin: we are also going to see Eric Bogle!)

Belated happy St David's day and well done Cilia for wearing her Daffodil to school.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

HANGING ROCKHANGING ROCK
HANGING ROCK

Who forgot the picnic?
THE YARRA VALLEYTHE YARRA VALLEY
THE YARRA VALLEY

Vineyards Galore
CHEZ WEBSTERCHEZ WEBSTER
CHEZ WEBSTER

Richard and Tracy's house
CHEZ WEBSTERCHEZ WEBSTER
CHEZ WEBSTER

Richard and Tracey\'s back garden. (A very small part!)
KIDS AT THE WEBSTERSKIDS AT THE WEBSTERS
KIDS AT THE WEBSTERS

Ellie and Georgia ready for school.
LOCAL TOWN  FETELOCAL TOWN  FETE
LOCAL TOWN FETE

Georgia singing in her school choir.
LOCAL TOWN FETELOCAL TOWN FETE
LOCAL TOWN FETE

Ellie makes a posey
MELBOURNEMELBOURNE
MELBOURNE

Eating out - Italian style.


8th March 2006

How's it goin'?
Hi there you two, what a fantastic country eh? Great to see you're having a good time, wee too are having the time of our life. Diary entries have been brief coz we're finding it harder to get around to it but all is good. Left Sydney last thursday and went up the Blue Mts for a night and then on up to Byron where we've been for the last 3 days. weather's great, surf's great for learning, atleast as good as i remember it here, you'll love it too, very relaxed but also lots to see and do. Gotta go for now, speak soon. C and RA.

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb