Melbourne Night Markets


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 7th 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lazy day today, we sorted out our tickets for Tasmania and car hire, then went to the shops on Sydney Road. Got back and had a BBQ on Sarah's balcony, then headed by tram to the night markets.
The Market is at Queen Victoria on Elizabeth Street, every wednesday night from November to February. There are lot's of stalls, live music, theatrical performances and lot's of craft stalls from clothing, lights, jewellary, food from around the world and even tarot card readings! There is a great atmosphere and we spent the whole evening there. I bought a really nice ring and nearly bought these lights made to look like flowers and were made from real leaf skeletons! Amazing!
We met up with another of Sarah's friends, Cathy and went for a couple of drinks. They took us to Section 8, a mega cool bar! It is down an Alleyway in china town, outside, the bar was made up of wooden crates, metal containers and funky artwork. Then we went to St Jeromes, in another dodgy street!!!! Melbourne has lot's of lanes and alleyways where there are lot's of pubs, clubs and restaurants hidden away - even Sarah who has lived here for years is still finding them!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb