Great Ocean Road Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 20th 2006
Published: January 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My time in Melbourne has been full of flat searches and the filling in of job applications...but I've also managed to have some fun! Last week Katie and Kylie decided to go on a trip along the Great Ocean Road - and it was too much a temptation for me, and I decided to join them. We decided to go alon on a two day tour of the Great Ocean Road and the Grampians (mountains a bit inland from the coast).
Our tour began early in the morning with a 7AM pick up. We were the last to be picked up, so we headed to the freeway out of the city straight away. On our way to the beginning of the GOR, we had a chance to talk to each other. The other tourists were from Venezuela, France, Germany, and Japan. There was a total of 12 of us.
The tour or the Great Ocean Road took us to Bell's Beach - a top surfing beach -, the 12 Apostles, the London Bridge, and lots of other stops along the way. The scenery was amazing, and as the day went on, the weather turned from gray and cloudy to a beautiful sunny day! I thought one of the best parts of the tour was the chance to chat to other travellers - each of them had their own story of where they had been/where they were going. We spent that night at Hull's Gate - a small town in the Grampians. There were lots of kangaroos and wallabies everywhere, and so I was able to get some more pictures of them to add to this page!
The next day we had an early start in order to do some hiking in the Grampians before the heat set in. We hiked to the top of a mountain called 'The Pinnacle'. The views were amazing, and it was the perfect time of day to see it - everything was calm and peaceful as the sun was rising in the sky. We also went to see some waterfalls and other look out points. At 11:30 we returned to Hull's Gate for lunch, and a few hours later we were on our way back to Melbourne. On the way back we decided to do a bit of wine tasting at a local winery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

The 12 Apostles
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

Some more apostles
Hull's GateHull's Gate
Hull's Gate

Wallabie - one that's extremely used to having humans around
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

Morning hike to The Pinnacle
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

top of The Pinnacle
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

Amazing Waterfall


24th January 2006

hello Mona
love the photos. We will be there in two weeks, can't wait to see it for real. Good luck with the job hunting.

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb