Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 14th 2008
Published: December 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a hellish night on the high seas (performance show cancelled, furniture blowing around, plates crashing all around) we were happy to hit land in Melbourne. The morning was a bit dreary for weather but we enjoyed walking around the Queen Victoria Market. It was a mix of flea market and farmer's market and we were both wishing we had a kitchen to enjoy all the fresh meats and produce. It was one of the best markets we've ever been to and a must see for the city. After that we hopped on a tram to the Melbourne Zoo. After the great experience at the Taronga Zoo in Sydney this one was a big letdown. No dingoes, lots of construction, many cages missing animals and just a bit depressing. Once back in downtown, we boarded the Tourist Bus to see more of the city. It was crowded and lackluster. We hopped off after two stops and spent our time wandering the Riverside Quay. The Riverside Quay was a very modern waterfront with a great mix of shopping and restaurants. We found a supermarket to stock up on TimTams before heading back to the ship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb