Wilson's Promontory, 1999.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 15th 1999
Published: November 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

BarbieBarbieBarbie

What's an Aussie camping trip without a barbie?
Camping trip to Wilson's Prom in Gippsland, with the cell group from C.O.C.

We stayed at a camping site at Tidal River - fully equipped with toilets, hot showers and barbecue facilities - Aussies can't live without their barbies! Mike brought his tents from home - we were all pretty new with camping so he did most of the work putting up the tents.

Squeaky Beach is possibly the cutest beach I've ever seen or more importantly, heard. This beach literally squeaks as you walk on the sand! It's so fun!! I could jog on this beach just to hear the squeaks - what a great way to get me to exercise!

The most challenging part of the trip was doing the Mt. Oberon Nature Walk. The trail is a challenging 3.4 km climb, sometimes up really steep walks. It takes an hour each way, so you need to be somewhat fit to handle it. Once you get to the top though, all is forgiven as the 360 degree view at the summit is awesome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Roughing it.Roughing it.
Roughing it.

My first ever real camping trip. With real tents.
Walk walk walk..Walk walk walk..
Walk walk walk..

One of the many walking trails available.
Squeaky Beach.Squeaky Beach.
Squeaky Beach.

This beach made me want to keep walking..
We made it!We made it!
We made it!

Summit at Mt Oberon. Phew.
The view.The view.
The view.

Makes you marvel at God's talents.


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb