Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
October 28th 2005
Published: October 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Julia Alida & MNJulia Alida & MNJulia Alida & MN

In our penthouse before a night out!
Thursday was a very EARLY day for us....our shuttle to the airport picked us up at 4 am...although it was early, we were all so excited for the weekend in Melbourne!! We made it to Melbourne around 10:30, excited, but very hungry!! Since Melbourne is known for its array of sidewalk cafes, we decided to walk around until one looked appetizing. We settled on this neat French restaurant. With our group of 5 they had to open another dining room, so we were the only ones in there....now I know I talk alot about the good food we eat, but this place was definitely up there. Everyone got breakfast & it was so delicious! I ordered bacon & eggs and I kid you not that they gave me probably 10 eggs, oh well not complaining haha! Since we couldn't check into our hotel room yet, we wanted to check out what we had heard was supposed to be some of the best shopping in Australia. The area we walked around was really cute and quaint! Definitely a stark change from Sydney's city center.....anyway, we walked around for a few hours before checking in.
This is where things get interesting haha....so we
Me & MNMe & MNMe & MN

In our penthouse before a night out!
were all bout to take showers to get ready for diner, but the shower wouldn't put out any hot water....after several calls to the front desk, they tried to fix it, but to no avail. This meant everyone had to go down to the second floor where there were 2 showers....already running late for our dinner reservations, Julia & MN headed to the Chinese restaurant where we had reservations. To make a long story short, our hot water never worked, so we had some serious complaining to do. Lynds & I headed down to the front desk to work it out. Those that know me know I'm not one for confrontation...esp. when it comes to complaining (even if it is totally deserved) my face turns bright red. I like to think I was there for pure intimidation, while Lynds did the talking haha! In the end he told us our new room would be on the 18th floor....we thought that sounded pretty high, so me & Lynds went to check it out. Not only was it high, it was the highest of the floors!!! Yep, they gave us the penthouse apartment that had four bedrooms! We were ecstatic! It was sooo nice!!! It was two floors with a huge terrace that literally overlooked the entire city!! Our first business in the room was to enjoy the hot water that we had so much missed the day before haha! After some showering we headed down to Chapel St, which is supposed to be the best shopping in Melbourne. It was absolutely fantastic!!! The street seemed like it went on for forever lined with cute boutiques everywhere you looked. I kid you not when we literally shopped til we dropped. We were pretty much there from like 12 - 7, very long day of shopping! It seemed everyone made some great purchases and was very happy with the day. Lynds & I especially liked our shopping break that included this Mars Bar Cake....oh my gosh, it was to die for!! We were all pretty tired after our long day, so we relaxed a while in the apartment, I mean the penthouse, before we headed out for a night on the town. Oh yea, I almost forgot.....Alida joined up with us today, so now we're up to six!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Julia & ElizabethJulia & Elizabeth
Julia & Elizabeth

Shopping on Chapel St
Alida & MNAlida & MN
Alida & MN

Shopping on Chapel St


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb